Qlik Community

QlikView Publisher

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Publisher.

fredericvillemi
Contributor III

Reloading without distribution

Hello,

I'm quite new to using Publisher after years of Qlikview Server only.

I have transferred all refreshes to Publisher but sometimes I don't need any Distribute because I'm just creating QVD.

I can't find where, in the task interface, I could only refresh a document in Publisher without distributing or reducing it .. Is it possible ?

Even some documents take a long time to refresh and again after the refresh is done, they spend time to distribute .. but i dont want to have this distribute

How can I do to have only Publisher reload documents without distributing them ?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zhadrakas
Valued Contributor

Re: Reloading without distribution

just leave everything blank in Tabs "Reduce" and "Distribute"

Just Set the Trigger and you are fine.

4 Replies
zhadrakas
Valued Contributor

just leave everything blank in Tabs "Reduce" and "Distribute"

Just Set the Trigger and you are fine.

Reload, Reduce and Distribute are different stages of a task. Each one requires a reload engine to open the source document, do something with it and save/distribute it to the same or a temporary document, or to the QVS. For large documents, each one may take a lot of time to finish. And may create queues when not enough engines are available at the same time.

Do as Tim said. Disable the Reduce and Distribute phases on the respective tabs, enable the reload tab and define a trigger. To get even better performance, wipe the data model at the end of the script in your QVD Generators.

YoussefBelloum
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

just don't add users or groups here

Publisher.png

fredericvillemi
Contributor III

Thanks for all your answers

They should add a checkbox for every part of the reload / reduce / distribute

Community Browser