Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Run macro from server

Is there any way to have the Enterprise Manager run a macro when reloading a QV-document? I've tried setting up running of this macro with Task Scheduler on Windows Server 2008 but I can't get it to run properly without myself being logged in. Also it requires my account to be associated with a developer-license which is also undesirable. I'd like it to just run from the server. Is this possible?

23 Replies
koresaket
Contributor II
Contributor II

I use CreateObject("QlikTech.QlikView") to create an instance of Qlikview; which i use to interact with the Qlikview document. If i'm not wrong, this refers to Qlikview Desktop, right?

This does make sense that the vbs is unable to interact with the QV document since the service account which has triggered the script doesnt have a license. Thanks for the pointer; it did not occur to me to consider the license.

I'm thinking if I execute the vbs as a different user which has a valid license (i can do this using the intermediary batch-file), this might work. Thoughts?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No, that one refers to QlikOCX, the OCX library. Which is the QV Desktop without UI. However, it should detect a valid license too (either an OEM license, or a Named CAL)

You can try the runas command to temporarily change the user when running your vbs script..

koresaket
Contributor II
Contributor II

I'll give it a try. Thanks a lot, Peter.

koresaket
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Peter,

I checked, and the system account that triggers the supporting task on the publisher does have a user CAL. Whenever the vbs script interacts with the dashboard, it doesnt seem to execute properly (even though the supporting task executes successfully.) But when i modify the vbs script so that it doesnt interact with the dashboard, it executes properly.

I tried triggering the vbs manually using the publisher system account credentials, it does execute.

However when the same vbs is triggered via a publisher supporting task, it does not execute. (Please note, the supporting task does not fail. However the vbs script does not execute.)

Does this mean that the supporting task does not permit executing any programs that interacts with the qlikview dashboard?