Qlik Community

QlikView Publisher

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Publisher.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Running report in background

Hi all,

I have a report that has, for instance a field called Number of Policies per day. This report runs every day.

I would like to verify in background if the Number of Policies is smaller than, let's say 1000. If is smaller, then I would like Qlikview to send a signal to an end-user, via e-mail for example, announcing him about that.

Is this possible? And if so, how could I implement it?

Thanks,

Razvan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jontydkpi
Not applicable

Re: Running report in background

Hi

Assuming the server or desktop client that is running the report is set up for email, you could use a Qliview alert to trigger an email based on the number of policies compared to a threshold. Go to Tools | Alert Wizard in the report qvw.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
1 Reply
jontydkpi
Not applicable

Re: Running report in background

Hi

Assuming the server or desktop client that is running the report is set up for email, you could use a Qliview alert to trigger an email based on the number of policies compared to a threshold. Go to Tools | Alert Wizard in the report qvw.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein