I am trying to set up and configure SSL on my QlikView server for QlikView Server/Publisher 10 SR1. I am using the QlikView Web Server, not IIS. I've followed the QlikView Server Reference Manual as best I could but I'm unsure of a few setting changes. I hope someone can clarify. Here are my steps so far:
1. Gain a valid certificate for the web site - DONE.
2. Activate SSL (pg 261)
Make changes to config.xml for QlikView Web Server to add the full URL used for SSL. The default location for the config.xml file is C:\Program Files\QlikView\Server\QvWebServer. Note that the URL must match the URL for which the certificate is valid.
Need help here. I don't have a <Url></Url> line in my config.xml file. I have a <ConfigUrl>http://_:4750/qvws.asmx</ConfigUrl> line. Do I need to modify this line?
3. Modify the QVManagementService.exe.config file by changing the UseHTTPS value from false to TRUE. (Page 201) -DONE
4. Modify the QvDistributionService.exe.config file by changing the UseHTTPS value from false to TRUE. (Page 202) - DONE
5. Modify the QVDirectoryServiceConnector.exe.config file by changing the UseHTTPS value from false to TRUE. (Page 202) -DONE
6. SSL on QlikView Publisher (pg 209)
6.3 It is important that the URL for the services match the URL in the certificate. The settings must be changed in the user interface: System, Setup, Service, General, Location.
- This is also where I need assistance.
If my certificate's URL is https://qv.mycompany.com, then what exactly do I change each service's URL location to in the QEMC?
How many and what places in the QEMC do I need to make this change?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Works like a charm.
Works like a charm.
Two quick questions -
1) Did you find any answers from the support regarding your questions in bold above?
2) Were you able to finally set up SSL with QV WebServer instead of IIS?
Please let me know.
I successfully set up SSL with the QVWS instead of IIS.
(Note: I only set up SSL for the AccessPoint portal, not for the QlikView services or Publisher).
1. Register your SSL certificate.
2. Edit the Config.xml file at C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer by adding the line <Url>https://QVS.companyx.local:443/</Url> on the first line inside the <Config> tag.
( Note: the Url should be the url for your certificate)
3. In the QEMC, go to System > Setup > QlikView Web Servers > General and change the Communication port to 443 and select the checkbox Use https.
Just wondering, what type of SSL Certificate did you apply for? Since QlikView Web Server is Apache-based, so I'm guessing it's an Apache since I don't see an option for Qlikview (among others are IIS, Citrix, Apache, etc). I just need some confirmation
For one of my client, I have asked the IT Support to generat the certificate from an IIS certificate server within the domain and used that.
Also in v10, you don't need to amend config.xml file. This was for v9 and it seems that the reference manual is not updated with the option available through QEMC in v10.