Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Save to disc at fileshare

Hi,

We are facing a problem that files dont saves to disc on our fileshare. This only happens sometimes and it almost big application or qvd files that fails, approximately 800 MB files. I can see that the file starts to save at disc (Kb increase) but suddenly it stops and application fails. Sometimes it takes 5-10 min to save to disc if the task success. This behavior also make our Production application corrupt, cant open from desktop. It doesnt matter if I run it from publisher or in desktop it fails when it should save and close. The Publisher is a VM-ware and qvs11.20.12129.0, the fileshare is a big disc on a couple of TB, anyone who have face this kind of problem?

//Staffan

5 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Staffan,

Do you have any more information about what kind of network storage you are using? There are known issues related to use on a non-windows based NAS/SAN solution and it will be good to see if that could be an issue in your case as well.

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Hi Hampus,

Thats good information, I have asks the company what solution they have. if this enviorment looks to be a non-windows based NAS/SAN solution, what will be the next step?

gonzaloruizgonz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

can you copy/paste the file in windows from your win directory to your file share? I mean as a wvq file? If yes, distribute to a local disk like C driver  and copy the file with an external task, maybe a batfile with a robocopy command .

BR//Gonza

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

This is happens randomly and I can copy from and to the fileshare.

gonzaloruizgonz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

And what say the logs when this happend? I mean the distributions service logs?  Put the number of try = 2 or 3 for the distributions, maye split the reload and distributions to diferent tasks so your number of tries not affect the reload.

Is the real time scaning from the antivirus on in some of the both paths?

BR//Gonza