Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scheduling a task based on two different triggers

Hello All,

I have a qvw file which is scheduled to run on success of an event, However this tasks needs to run only between time 7:00 am to 11:00 am if the above task is successful.

I have tried to make script to run in between time however it runs and overwrites the file which is wrong.

Any idea how I can run the script and not save it or achieve the above.

Please guide.

Thanks,

Nisha

8 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Can you tell us what do you mean by your below statement.

"I have tried to make script to run in between time however it runs and overwrites the file which is wrong."

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Easy to do if you have a Publisher. Do you have one?

satheshreddy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Nisha,

if you have Publisher, use below trigger and schedule it.

if you want to load 2nd Qvw in a particular time you must use ON A SCHEDULE trigger but before that you have to complete 1st QVW file loading.

other wise you can schedule using   ON EVENT FROM ANOTHER TASK trigger

Regards

sathish

Not applicable
Author

Hello Kaushik,

We had put two time variables and we tried to check in if clause if that is true than run the script else exit.

However that causes qvw file to be blank.

Regards,

Nisha

Not applicable
Author

Hello Peter,

Yes we have publisher.

Regards,

\Nisha

Not applicable
Author

Hello Sathish,

Not sure what did you meant.

Its either on schedule trigger or on event trigger.

Regards,

Nisha

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

How about this:

• Create a dummy document with a task that runs at 7am and always succeeds
  • For your QVW that should run when another task completes succesfully but only between 7am and 11am, create a trigger of type "On multiple events completed". Add the dummy document as a first Task Completed, and the other task on whose success your QVW reload depends as a second Task Completed. Both reloads should complete with Success.
  • Set the "Time constraint" value to the number of minutes between 7am and 11am or less.

I haven't tested it but I think it should work.

Best,

Peter

anandsai4u
Creator
Creator

Hi Nisha,

If your requirement is run between 07 AM to 11 AM then schedule like as below.

Go to QMC Console  -->Click on Pencil Mark (to Edit) of corresponding Task --> Triggers --> Click on Add button --> Select Hourly --> then you have to select some options based on your requirement and there you can able to see an option "Run only between". So, please enable this option and update the time 07:00 AM and 11:00 AM.

and also if your requirement is, corresponding task have to run every 15 minutes inbetween 07:00 AM & 11:00 AM then you have to update  under "Run every" option.

Hope this will helps you.

Thanks & Regards

Anand Sai