Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access Distribute issue in Publisher

Hi,

I'm having an issue with section access where I can't open the qvw file in Access Point after the publisher reloaded and distributed from the "QlikView Source Documents" folder to the "QlikView User Documents" folder.  If you are an ADMIN in section access, you can view it on Access Point.  If you are a USER in section access, there is a pop up window asking you to log in.  See image below.  I don't know what I am missing.  If I copy the qvw file from "QlikView Source Documents" folder to "QlikView User Documents" folder, the USER in section access can view it in Access Point.  I don't what happen when publisher try to distribute. Any help will be appreciated it.

Thanks,
Stewart

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I figure out the solution.  In the Section Access, Admin has to have a * in the SUB_REGION_V.  It works now.  Thanks for the input.

Section Access;

USERS:
LOAD * INLINE [
    ACCESS, NTNAME, SUB_REGION_V
    Admin, Q_service, *
    User, Stewart, KOR
];

Section Application;

SUB_REGION_ACCESS:
LOAD * INLINE [
    SUB_REGION_V, SUB_REGION
    KOR, KOR
];

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Stewart,

Are you reducing data based on section access or are you using it to make sure that only allowed people can see the file?

Make sure that the NTNAME account running the QlikView services is added as ADMIN in the section access, and that you don't have it specfied in the task settings (Publisher will take it from there).

Make sure that those non-ADMIN users have some data related to them, so if you open the file in Desktop, select one of these non-ADMIN, then click on File, Reduce Data, Keep Possible Values, the user is able to see some rows.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

I tried variation of settings and to no success.  Yes, I am trying to reduce data based on section access.

This is what I have in the QVW load script.

Section Access;

USERS:
LOAD * INLINE [
    Admin, Q_service, ADMIN
    User, Stewart, KOR
];

Section Application;

SUB_REGION_ACCESS:
LOAD * INLINE [
    SUB_REGION_V, SUB_REGION
    ADMIN, KOR
    ADMIN, APJ-HQ
    KOR, KOR
];

In the QVW file (Settings/Document Properties/Opening tab), I have "Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access" checked.  "Strict Exclusion" is checked.  In the Settings/Document Properties/Opening tab, I have "Admin Override Security" checked.

In the QEMC task,

Reload tab: "Enable" is checked under Perform Reload.  "Section access" is NOT checked under Data Protection.

Reduce tab: "Reduce By Field Value" radio button is checked.

Distribute tab: Under Manually, Users or groups have AllAuthenticated.  Path is the "QlikView User Documents" folder.

In the Setup/Distribution Services/Advanced/Section Access, I have the Q_service account login and Section Access checked.

Please let me know if I need to do something different.

Thanks,

Stewart

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Stewart,

When using NTNAME all names must be provided using the form DOMAIN\USERNAME uppercase. All fields and values in section access must be uppercase, and cannot be loaded from an optimized QVD.

It's not like that in your example, might that be the case? As for the task, everything seems to be OK. Just create a text object with the function

=OSUser()

So you make sure the DOMAIN\USERNAME that appears for you is the same local than in AccessPoint.

Hope that helps,

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

I figure out the solution.  In the Section Access, Admin has to have a * in the SUB_REGION_V.  It works now.  Thanks for the input.

Section Access;

USERS:
LOAD * INLINE [
    Admin, Q_service, *
    User, Stewart, KOR
];

Section Application;

SUB_REGION_ACCESS:
LOAD * INLINE [
    SUB_REGION_V, SUB_REGION
    KOR, KOR