Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access/Distribution Issue

Hello,

Now, this is something that I have never encountered before. It just started occurring over the weekend

I have a Section Access Script that looks like this:

Section Access;

LOAD
text(USERID) as USERID,
     TEXT(PASSWORD) as PASSWORD,
     'MSWBH\' & text(NTNAME) as NTNAME,
     LASTNAME,
     FIRSTNAME,
        IF(LEN(TRIM(ACCESS)) > 0,'ADMIN','USER') AS ACCESS,
    TEXT(GROUP) as  GROUP,
    text(OMIT) AS OMIT
FROM
[..\..\..\Security.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

Section Application;

Directory;
LOAD TEXT(GROUP) AS GROUP,
     ACCESS
FROM
[..\..\..\Security.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet2);

The Group Info is as follows:

GROUPACCESS
GROUP10
GROUP21

I use the group setup to hide certain fields from users from Group 1 that are included in the OMIT field.

In the app, I also hide certain charts by adding the condition "sum(ACCESS) >= 1" which means that only those users that belong to GROUP2 can view those charts. We use Publisher to distribute the documents. So, after I reload the publish the document, the app in the Source document looks accurate. It assigns the correct group to the correct user. ( I tested that by giving myself restricted access and I observed that I could see one row in the group table that had GROUP 1 AND 0).

However, when I look at it from Accesspoint, I see that everything that should be hidden is still visible. I also see in the table viewer that the group info has been reversed, i.e. GROUP 2 AND 1. That is the reason why the objects are not hidden, even though data reduction takes place successfully

I am clueless as to why the Publisher would change this on the fly.

Any thoughts?

2 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Not sure if this is your issue or not, but you need to make sure the Service Account has Administrator rights to the Document.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
isaac_oliva
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have the same problem and the service Account has administrator privileges.

any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Isaac.