Qlik Community

QlikView Publisher

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Publisher.

ralph_graham
New Contributor III

Section Access Problem

Hello,

I've used section access on several occasions and it has generally been straightforward to implement, however I'm having a "Failed to open document" error through Access Point. I've checked various forum posts and the account that runs the services is added to the spreadsheet that controls access and everything looks ok from my end. Also it works fine when running locally through QV Desktop, the issue is only from the Access Point.

Thanks,


Ralph

My script is below:

star is *;

Section Access;
SATABLE:
LOAD

upper(ACCESS) as ACCESS,
  upper(NTNAME) as NTNAME,
upper(SAUSER) as SAUSER
FROM

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

Section Application;
DocSecurity:
LOAD

upper(SAUSER) as SAUSER,
upper(FIELDACCESS.SCHOOLFILTER) as Employee.link
FROM

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);


My Error log is below:


2015-12-10 06:24:53 2016-01-07 11:02:59 4 700 Information File Upload: File upload initiated (HR/HR Reporting_Section Access.qvw)

2015-12-10 06:24:53 2016-01-07 11:03:00 4 700 Information FileClose: Upload completed (HR/HR Reporting_Section Access.qvw)

2015-12-10 06:24:53 2016-01-07 11:03:05 4 700 Information FileClose: Upload completed (Library/Library.qvw)

2015-12-10 06:24:53 2016-01-07 11:03:20 4 700 Information Ticket created: Ticket (89DA9ED63D128A3FD0D528C28FA02514F3C1F332) for BELFASTMET\RalphGraham.

2015-12-10 06:24:53 2016-01-07 11:03:20 4 700 Information Ticket Lookup: Ticket 89DA9ED63D128A3FD0D528C28FA02514F3C1F332 was found.

2015-12-10 06:24:53 2016-01-07 11:03:20 4 700 Information DOC loading: Beginning load of document J:\QLIKVIEW\DIVISION\HR\USERDOCS\HR REPORTING_SECTION ACCESS.QVW.

2015-12-10 06:24:53 2016-01-07 11:03:22 4 700 Information Document Load: The document J:\QLIKVIEW\DIVISION\HR\USERDOCS\HR REPORTING_SECTION ACCESS.QVW was loaded.

2015-12-10 06:24:53 2016-01-07 11:03:22 4 700 Information Document Open: Open document: No access to document HR/HR Reporting_Section Access.qvw

2015-12-10 06:24:53 2016-01-07 11:03:22 2 500 Warning Document Load: The document J:\QLIKVIEW\DIVISION\HR\USERDOCS\HR Reporting_Section Access.qvw failed to load because of no file access [19].

5 Replies

Re: Section Access Problem

Is the qlikview service account included in the section access table?

Or did you specify account and password to be used in the the section access settings on the Reload tab of the document in the QMC?


talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
ralph_graham
New Contributor III

Re: Section Access Problem

It's named in the section access table (Excel spreadsheet) and has Admin user rights.

Re: Section Access Problem

You are using "Data Reduction based oin Section Access".

Does your account have a valid value (1 or more) in FIELDACCESS.SCHOOLFILTER? BTW you do not have to convert that value to upper case, as it's only used in Section Application and may not provide a correct link value to to the other Employee.link values.

Also: access to protected documents will always work in QV Desktop for all users with ACCESS=ADMIN, while in the AP it may not because of all users being ACCESS=USER anyway and Data reduction prohibiting access when the data model reduces to nothing...

ralph_graham
New Contributor III

Re: Section Access Problem

Yes the account has a valid value and the upper case has been reflected in the data model so I'm at a loss what it could be.

Employee
Employee

Re: Section Access Problem

Hi Ralph,

It is hard to help with a script when you are loading data from an Excel file and we can't see the data. What I would do is start with an Inline load with the basic data and see if that works. Then move to the Excel file.

Bill

Community Browser