Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Section Access USERID PASSWORD can't reload on server

So I have inline section access in a document using USERID, PASSWORD and ACCESS. It works great if viewing or reloading from the developer. But when trying to reload from server I get an error in the log "The document failed to open. Bad Username and password is the most likely cause of this problem". In the server (SBE) I have added the userid and password to the document reload settings under "section access" and I am still getting the error. This looks like a bug to me. Using NTNAME etc. is not an option as sales reps must access the document offline where domain authentication does not exist.

Using 9SR4 SBE

Anyone have a suggestion?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Aaron,

You can use NTNAME on the server and user id and password for your users by doing something this:

Section Access;

Load inline * [

USERID, PASSWORD, NTNAME, ACCESS
*, *, SERVERUSER, ADMIN
SOMEUSER, SOMEPASS, * , USER
ANOTHERUSER, ANOTHERPASS, *, USER

];

Section Application;

Where SERVERUSER is the Windows name of the user running the reload job on the server.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Aaron,

You can use NTNAME on the server and user id and password for your users by doing something this:

Section Access;

Load inline * [

USERID, PASSWORD, NTNAME, ACCESS
*, *, SERVERUSER, ADMIN
SOMEUSER, SOMEPASS, * , USER
ANOTHERUSER, ANOTHERPASS, *, USER

];

Section Application;

Where SERVERUSER is the Windows name of the user running the reload job on the server.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Matt,

This did the trick. I had read elsewhere about a similar answer, but could not find a good example until now. Thanks again!

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have the same issue. But I have a requirement that it should not ask any user opening the document(either through client or web access point) for entering the USERID.

How can this be achieved?

Thanks and Regards,

-Karthik

Not applicable
Author

Hi,  Say for example Im 'Admin' and my NTNAME is 'domain\user567'

do I need to put domain\user567 into the Section Access part of the Reload dialogue within Management Console?

My reload is failing due to section access...

Hope you can help!

Tom