Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access works on Client and not in Publisher

Good morning,
I have a problem using Section Access:
I developed a security system using Section Access and testing it with the client it works exactly as I want. Going to publish on Server I don't have the same behavior seen using client; in other words, the NTNAME = ADMIN  can see all data as I want, but the other persons in the AuthTable of the Management console on the Server can't open their document. These persons are ADMIN or USER and in any case they can't open their dashboard.

On the .qvw, in Settings --> Document properties in the TAB "Opening" I checked "Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access", "Strict Exclusion" and "Prohibit Binary Load".
Creating the task on Server, on TAB "Distribute", on subtab "Manually" I selected the Server and User Type is set on "All Authenticated Users".
I tried to leave the subtab "Loop Field in Document" with default parameters and one time with a field used to split data in "Field containing recipient information" but without success in both cases.

The schema of my SectionAccess table is:

ACCESS, NTNAME,                               KeyNTNAME  ( it's an alias of NTNAME and it is the criterio to split data)
ADMIN   DOMAIN\PERSON1                 DOMAIN\PERSON1         
USER    DOMAIN\PERSON2                  DOMAIN\PERSON2
ADMIN   DOMAIN\ADMINISTRATOR     DOMAIN\ADMINISTRATOR
USER     DOMAIN\PERSON4                 DOMAIN\PERSON4
USER     DOMAIN\PERSON5                 DOMAIN\PERSON5
...     ...                     ..
...     ...                     ..

How we can understand, I want to split data by login, there are persons who can read everything and other who can read partial data.
I hope to have explained well my problem.
Thank so much for helps
Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

I write to report that I solved my problem. Unfortunatly it was an error in Section Access logic, because I have a hierarchical control to see dashboard, so a number of table greater than the typical examples and the error was to have the final table, who have access to tables, with the explosion of all possible access out of the

Section Access;

Section Appication;

Thank you so much for your help to perfect my code.

Regards

View solution in original post

9 Replies
orital81
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Stefano

I understand there are 2 issues here:

1. Access not working on Server.

2. Data Reduction.

For Point 1 there could be a few reasons:

1. User with Different Domain name.

2. Users that are not related to the Domain in the Active Directory.

What I suggest is to use function OSUser() when login with the user who can see all.

Then check if other users are assigned, in the Active Directory of the QV Server, to the specific Domain name.

For point 2:

See Attached File, look for REDUCTION.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ori,
thank you very much for your answer.
Probably I didn't explain well that the section access code reads users on section access table wrote on Server also if I execute on local Client, so in Client execution and Server execution it reads the same information.

On Client, every user can see its data, as I want implementing section access.

On Server I have the Publisher, when I execute the .qvw only the ADMIN of development can see data and the other users can't open their dashboard.

If I copy the .qvw file from SourceDocuments to Documents folder to show it in the AccessPoint, users can see data exactly as I want. So I think it depends from settings in Publisher on the Management Console.
Thank so much for any help.
Regards

schlettig
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

to my experience the username of the Publisher Service has to be put in the Section access as ADMIN.

I always put it on top as the first username.

Do you have this username in the list?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

It might sound silly, but can you check the distribution list of report and the task log as well . Did that say anything ?

Thanks,

D J

Not applicable
Author

Hi all,
thank you for your answers:

1) Yes the username of the Publisher Service is on the list as first.

2) The informations written in log file are ok, everything is went regularly.

In the community I found this topic:    http://community.qlik.com/message/361990#361990
They have the same problem, but without a definitive solution. I tried to use blank but the problem persists.
My Publisher is SR2 11.0.11426.0

Regards

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If you look at the document that Ori posted you will find the example the below. Notice how the ADMIN is blank for the OMIT field? This means he has rights to see everything. The publisher account will need that to be able to download all the information into the QVW.

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, OMIT

ADMIN, ADMIN, ADMIN,

USER, USER1, U1, SALES

USER, USER2, U2, WAREHOUSE

USER, USER3, U3, EMPLOYEES

USER, USER4, U4, SALES

USER, USER4, U4, WAREHOUSE

USER, USER5, U5, *

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

I write to report that I solved my problem. Unfortunatly it was an error in Section Access logic, because I have a hierarchical control to see dashboard, so a number of table greater than the typical examples and the error was to have the final table, who have access to tables, with the explosion of all possible access out of the

Section Access;

Section Appication;

Thank you so much for your help to perfect my code.

Regards

sanketkhunte
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your ans. As you mentioned we need to provide User ID of Publisher Service.

What exactly mean that ? Can you provide me some sample code with NT section access ?

In your case what is your User ID of Publisher service ?

How can we get this User Id ; Do we required to do something for that ?

One more question here : Do we require to add User Entries in USER tab of Publisher ?

Christian, Your ans. will surely appreciate to me.

sanketkhunte
Creator II
Creator II

With NT - Section Access you are able to reload QVW with publisher ... Great.. Can you tell me which settings we required to provide for getting successful reload of QVW.

Waiting for your valuable reply.