Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tizianacaem
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Security Access

Hello everyone.
I have a problem with the Access Security.
I load an external sheet xls in the Section Access, where I declare that NTNAME = user1 can only see Sheet1.

If I open the document in local client, and I introduce myself as User1, I correctly see only Sheet1.
If i public the document on the server , and i log on the web as a User1 I see all the sheets, not just one.

Any ideas, please?

Thanks

Tiziana

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Tiziana,

Bear in mind that NTNAME is the name of your user in Windows Active Directory, so you are not likely asked for username and password, as QlikView read them from your current logon.

In your document try changing NTNAME by QVUser(), so QVUser() should be equal to "User1" when you log in.

Hope that helps

tizianacaem
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Miguel,

thanks for your suggest.

I know that NTNAME is the name of user in Windows Active Directory, and in fact my USER1 is the name with which i logon in the system.

But the Active Directory security ask me my username and psw when i log on by web, and when i declare them my security doesn't work.

I try to use QVuser(), but it doesn't change...

any other suggests??

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Tiziana,

Are you able to read something in your document? Have you tried loading the document with "Initial Data Reduction based on Section Access" and "Strict Exclusion" (Document Properties, Opening) unchecked? Are your users on the form "DOMAINNAME\USERNAME" instead of only "USERNAME"?

Regards.

EDIT: I told you above about QVUser(), you can check against OSUser() function, which will store the current OS logged user

tizianacaem
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi Miguel,

i use the condition Initial data reduction based on section access checked and strict exclusion unchecked.

Also Show all sheets and articles are unchecked (Document Properties, security).

I use only USERNAME, without the DOMAINNAME.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Tiziana,

Try DOMAIN\USER in your section access, and try without the Reduction on Opening, for testing. Use the OSUser() function as well, to check your current logged user.

Regards.