Qlik Community

QlikView Publisher

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Publisher.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Sending Excel attachment same as PDF

Hi All,

I want to send an Email with excel attachment to 2 different people in two different Department. I have written a macro and it is doing the task when I click the button by directly opening the dashboard/access point.

Is there any option to call this macro after executing the job(i.e reload)  in QEMC, so that I can do a loop and distribute by business unit.  I had given the trigger on PostReload and run through external task, but unable to do the loop and distribute.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Note : Business doesn’t need the PDF option here.

Thanks,

Sijo

2 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Sending Excel attachment same as PDF

Not sure if anyone had a different results or solution, but note in Qlikview reference manual pg 905, " Macros Functionality Limitations" -

The following types of functionality are not to be used in the QlikView Server environment , as they may

cause unexpected results:

l Layout operations acting on the properties of sheets and sheet objects via SetProperties

l Operations changing document or user settings

l All operations related to the script, including Reload

l Data reduction operations, e.g. ReduceData

l Operations such as Save and Open document

The following triggers are not to be used in the QlikView Server environment, since they lack meaning or

may cause unexpected results:

OnPostReduceData

OnPostReload

Re: Sending Excel attachment same as PDF

Hi,

I think the only way to send excel file is via MACRO.

for PDF you can schedule.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Community Browser