Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teempi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Sending PDF reports outside domain

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble when trying to send PDF reports to users outside the domain which hosts QlikView server. We're using the PDF distribution component for publisher to send the emails and it seems to work fine for as long as the email address is in the same domain.

I've read somewhere that it should be possible to send emails to any domain, if you open the task properties --> distribute --> loop field in document and choose "check user identity: no validation". Am I missing something?

The logs for the distribution look like this:

13.12.2012 12:32:29.7400279WarningFailed to send mail to xxx@xxx.xxx
13.12.2012 12:32:29.7400279WarningDistribution reported warnings for resource "Reload of email_test.qvw_MailAttachment_1" (MailAttachmentDistributionResource). Warnings=1
13.12.2012 12:32:29.7400279WarningDistribution to resources reported warnings. Warnings: 2

As I said if I change the email address to something that's in the same domain, it does work just fine.

We're using QlikView 11 IR and are going to update to SR2 in the near future.

Thanks in advance!

-Teemu Pitkänen

2 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

Did you fix this issue.

If so can you please provide me walk steps.

Regards

Harish

teempi
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi,

It's been a while since I posted this but it does work now. Sorry I didn't update this thread.

I believe it had something to do with the mail server. If memory serves the server didn't allow us to send email outside the domain anonymously. So if you're having problems, you should check that the permissions are set up correctly on the mail server.

Hope this helps!

-Teemu