Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Single Server Installation of Server and Publisher Help Please

Hi,

I would be incredibly grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. I've been tasked with downloading, installing and configuring this Qlikview product to report on the Enterprise's Oracle Financials system and was wondering what documentation, tutorials were available.

I've been allocated a physical 64bit Windows server running 2008 R2 and have admin access to it, but that's about all. My experience generally is with Oracle on unix and so all this windows malarky is kinda new to me.

I was lead to believe I would need an Oracle client installaion including odbc drivers, is this correct?

Thanking all in advance,

Ravi

5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

That is correct. The attached document is a little old, but my understanding the steps are the same with the newer drivers.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Many Thanks for that Bill, that'll come in handy.

Is there such a thing as a QlikView server/publisher installation video?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You certainly don't need the full Enterprise install as on that document. We use the Oracle Client install, which is still quite large, but we want some of the other components available there.

It should be possible to use the Oracle Instant Client packages to get access to the OLEDB drivers. They are much smaller. You'll need to instal a number of Instant Client components (Basic + ODAC + maybe ODBC). Details here:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/instant-client/index-100365.html

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

I have found this to work and not the others. This document was written by a person that worked Oracle for years.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Many thanks Paul, I haven't had cause to use the instant client yet, I could give it a go.

To be honest the Oracle bit is not so much the issue, it is the installation of QlikView which is the daunting bit.

I've heard that we require a clustered file system to hold the qlikview data files and that it needs IIS to be running on the server or alternatively it comes with it's own web server.