Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Store empty qvw with publisher?

Hello everyone,

is there a possibility to define in a Reload Task that the reloaded application at location X should be saved additionally with or without data?

Couldn't find an option for this in the respective settings?

I use the version April 2019 EE with Publisher.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The distribution piece is working as expected, the script is cleared, and from what I recall, there is no means to change that as their used to be in older releases, so I am not sure how you are going to accomplish what you are trying to do.  I would venture your best approach is likely to contact your partner manager to see if they can arrange a call with someone in product management team to have a discussion around your use case etc., to see if something may be able to be done, but I would not put expectations very high on things changing.  The question you have not answered is the why you want to do this, and you have also missed the fact you can accomplish this by using the Desktop Client to dump the data from the 'Source Document' prior to saving the QVW to the source doc location...  That would be the likely solution to this problem I believe.  The only other thing of which I can think that is along the lines of what you are discussing would be the prj files, so you may want to look into those too possibly.  Best I can offer on this one.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Afraid we need additional use case details in order to provide an answer for you, it is just not clear what you are trying to do and why in order to provide any ideas currently.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi @Brett_Bleess 

the goal is to store the applications via the publisher functions in a certain path WITHOUT data.

Background: We want to save the applications this way.

For this I have already tested further, apparently I cannot empty the application completely, but I can empty the whole thing almost completely with the Reduce function.

The biggest problem, however, during the distribution the script is removed, so that it is not possible to reload at this point.

I hope I could explain the background to you accordingly.

Greetings

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The distribution piece is working as expected, the script is cleared, and from what I recall, there is no means to change that as their used to be in older releases, so I am not sure how you are going to accomplish what you are trying to do.  I would venture your best approach is likely to contact your partner manager to see if they can arrange a call with someone in product management team to have a discussion around your use case etc., to see if something may be able to be done, but I would not put expectations very high on things changing.  The question you have not answered is the why you want to do this, and you have also missed the fact you can accomplish this by using the Desktop Client to dump the data from the 'Source Document' prior to saving the QVW to the source doc location...  That would be the likely solution to this problem I believe.  The only other thing of which I can think that is along the lines of what you are discussing would be the prj files, so you may want to look into those too possibly.  Best I can offer on this one.

Regards,
Brett