Hello, We added the section access with strict exclusion. The logic is working fine on the Qlikview Desktop client. But when we deployed to Staging server the strict exclusion is not working. We got "Failed to Open a Document Access denied".
I am facing the same problem. But in my case I don't have any limited fields/values and only wanted to enable admins to have access but not the users...so it is not a problem to turn off 'strict exclusion'. I thought the reason for the denied access could be the situation that there were no corresponding fields in section access in section application
See the manual:
"...access to the document will be denied whenever the field values in
the section access reduction fields lack matches in their corresponding section
But would be interested to know if there is another reason.
ADMIN access in the Desktop: in QlikView Desktop, SA entries with ACCESS=ADMIN will always be able to get in, whatever the link values, data reduction results, strict exclusion setting, etc. This is a behavior that is Desktop-only. Probably configured this way to allow developers to debug...document security.
Strict exclusion: in the Access Point, everybody is a USER, even the IDs that have ACCESS=ADMIN. Since most ADMINS have an empty link field (for example the service account responsible for reloading the document should best be configured with an empty link field.) Strict exclusion will always deny them access because there is no data left after reduction.