Qlik Community

QlikView Publisher

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Publisher.

Announcements
Coming your way, the Qlik Data Revolution Virtual Summit. October 27-29. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

Task Failure email Notification not working

Hi all,

I have been testing QV 11.2 SR5, in which the email notification for reload task failure is not working.

I have configured, System>Mail Server with hostname, port number. I tried a test email from this tab and is working fine.

Then in Distribution services> Alert emails, gave the specific email.

But when a task is getting failed, i am not getting a failure notification. Am i missing something?

Can you share your thoughts?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

I found the issue. I created the reload tasks first and then configured the mail server later. So, after configuring the mail server, i re-saved the tasks again and now i am getting the failure notifications.

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

By the way, i gave the same port number for both existing production QMC and this isolated QV 11.2 SR5 server. can we do that?

Highlighted
MVP
MVP

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Not to sound crazy - have you checked your Junk folder or Spam filtering?

Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

yes, i did.  No email found in junk/spam.

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

In the QlikView Management Console > Status tab > (right side) Expand Task Details > review Task History and Log Details...what's it stating?

Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

I found the issue. I created the reload tasks first and then configured the mail server later. So, after configuring the mail server, i re-saved the tasks again and now i am getting the failure notifications.

Thanks

View solution in original post