Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudhakar_budde
Creator
Creator

Task execution failed with errors to follow...>

Hi,

I have a failed task. when I checked the log file I can see the statement "Task execution failed with errors to follow-->". But there is no actual error or description. Please can you help me how to get the error message?

I have navigated through the log path: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log\20150710.

I can see the DocumentLog.txt and TaskLog.txt.

I have opened up the TaskLog.txt. When I search for error or failure, I can only see the message up o "Task execution failed with errors to follow-->" and I can't see the rest of the 'cause' for the error or its description?

Thanks

13 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Have you also looked at the DocumentLog.txt?

If the task was reloading a qlikview document then look at the log file of that qlikview document. It will have the same name as the qlikview document with .log appended to it. If that file doesn't exist then enable the Generate Logfile option in the document properties of that document and run the task again.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
sudhakar_budde
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Wassenaar,

Thank you for response.

The file with '.log' doesn't exist! So I went to open the document in the Desktop version. But it is still saying personal edition with my account!!! and there is a warning that the document was created by another  Personal edition user and I haven't got permission! How can I get over this please?

Thanks

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Read Gysbert's post again. He asks to open DocumentLog.txt which you confirmed yourself to be present in the log folder (in your original post). You don't have to open the QVW document, just the log file. Only notepad is necessary and you can use that program without a CAL.

Best,

Peter

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See this video: 100 Second Video - How to lease a license key

sudhakar_budde
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I have looked at it and found : General Script error only.

10/07/2015 11:21:49.8287034Information10/07/2015 11:21:49:       General Script Error

Thanks

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Can we get more than one line?

Apparently something is going wrong during the execution of your script. If you want us to tell you exactly what goes wrong, please provide the last 50 lines or so, or post the entire log (Use advanced Editor at the top right)

Peter

Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's a tricky one. Check that no other tasks accessed the same files (for example qvd files) that the failed task used.

sudhakar_budde
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Peter,

I have attached the log.

Thank you so much for your time.

Regards

sudhakar_budde
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Wassenaar,

Thank you for the license lease video. Its a good tip. But I haven't had luck. I couldn't lease a license is it because there is no extra user CALs?

Please see attached screenshot.

Thanks