cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KHSDM
Creator III
Creator III

The document failed to open / Document could not be opened

Some time some of my reload task will fail with the following error. Any idea what could be the cause of the problem? No section access on this QVW. And it happens randomly. If I retrigger the reload again, it will run successfully.

(4/15/2019 7:30:56 AM) Error: Document open call failed. The document might require username and password.

(4/15/2019 7:30:56 AM) Information: Attempted to load the document without data.

(4/15/2019 7:30:56 AM) Error: The document failed to open.

(4/15/2019 7:30:57 AM) Information: Closed the QlikView Engine successfully. ProcessID=27044

(4/15/2019 7:30:57 AM) Error: Document could not be opened

Labels (3)
2 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Perhaps some process is locking the qvw file. Are you running antivirus?

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello,

Since the document doesn't actually section access, and the issue seems to not always occur, I'm thinking CPU or memory allocation (overcommit). This "might require username and password" is often logged by the QVB (the engine running the reload) when it can't actually get enough resources to do its job. See kb 000003243  for (some) more details.

/Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂