Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Trigger skipped (not the least load)

Hi,

I have this error on daily basis when trying to reload a doc via publisher.

I dont have any solution, it normally works after some time, usually when lesser loading is ongoing.

But, Windows allow 9 qvb.exe at the same time, but it's under 9.

This happen on V11 SR1.

24 Cores

64Gb memory

When this happens, both CPU and memory is under utilised.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks.

5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You really need to give more information. What are you trying to do? What error is in the logs?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

In fact, i was trying to get more info, but as the task is not triggered i can't provide any log, or maybe i dont know where to search.

I have a list of task which i schedule according to time, usually they are one after another, sometimes concurrent but never over 9 tasks.

What happen is that, those tasks which are supposed to be triggered at the rigght time, never get triggered and i'm getting the following in root____.txt (C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log)

The task which im running last about 20 mins each, usually it start around 8am until 12pm for many dashboards.

and just recently, i had to even restart the distribution services after 12pm because the status of those task just stuck in "running" forever but in fact they are already done.

A bit more in detail, when the task started, i have 2 distribution service in the run, because i think one is trigger by publisher, another is trigger by my qvw, because i'm simulating a chain, which trigger a series of qvw after another, so i dont have to schedule one by one as i have around 50 or more of them.

Do you see any known bugs or issues here?

3/5/2013 08:34:03.4015000InformationTrigger skipped (not the least load). Trigger=ScheduleTrigger, State=1;3/5/2013 8:30:00 AM;Triggered;Unhandled, Task=BW_QRY_CUB_FIAR1
3/5/2013 08:34:03.4015000InformationTrigger skipped (not the least load). Trigger=ScheduleTrigger, State=1;3/5/2013 8:30:00 AM;Triggered;Unhandled, Task=BW_QRY_CUB_FIAR
3/5/2013 08:34:07.3390000InformationTrigger detected. Type=Start, Trigger=ManualStartTrigger, State=1;3/5/2013 8:34:06 AM;Triggered;Unhandled, Task=PROD - SALES
3/5/2013 08:34:07.3390000InformationTrigger skipped (not the least load). Trigger=ManualStartTrigger, State=1;3/5/2013 8:34:06 AM;Triggered;Unhandled, Task=PROD - SALES
3/5/2013 08:34:07.4483750InformationTrigger detected. Type=Start, Trigger=ManualStartTrigger, State=1;3/5/2013 8:34:06 AM;Triggered;Unhandled, Task=PROD - SALES
3/5/2013 08:34:07.4483750InformationTrigger skipped (not the least load). Trigger=ManualStartTrigger, State=1;3/5/2013 8:34:06 AM;Triggered;Unhandled, Task=PROD - SALES
johnh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi There,

I know it is a while since this was logged but did you manage to resolve it.

I am getting a similar problem. In my case I am using EDX to trigger the jobs but they randomly just don't run.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi there,

From my side, I have no solution but to schedule the load in series rather than parallel.

I create a task to trigger Distribute.exe which loop through a series of QVWs,

new tasks seem to have difficulties to launch,

not that it wont launch at all, but it seems to be that the task was "waiting for slot".

johnh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi There,

We relooked at the scheduling of the jobs (there are a couple of hundred) and removed / rescheduled some and it looks like it is all working fine now.

Thanks for the pointer of rescheduling.