Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to connect at localhost:4780

I have installed Qlik Server 10 x64bit on Win 2008 R2 x64 and trying to connect to Qlikview management console but, am getting unable to connection to the server at localhost:4780 error.

Do you have any suggestions. I have lower the browser security but still having same result.

Thanks.

9 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi

It might be Firwall or Antivirus that's causing this problem.

If you have firewall open then make sure to have port open

apart from that port also make sure to have this ports open even

port 80 and port 4747

If you have Antivirus just stop that for once and try to check now.

Hope that helps

Regards

ASHFAQ

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

From the fact you are trying http://localhost:4780/qemc/ I presume you are trying to access this from the server itself?

What message exactly are you getting in the browser?

Sometimes useful error messages are masked by Internet Explorer because of something it refers to as Friendly HTTP Error Messages. You need to turn these off to see the actual message. To do this select 'Tools', 'Internet Options', 'Advanced' and then make sure that 'Show Friendly HTTP Error Messages' is turned off.

Most likely causes are that one or more of the QlikView services are not running on the server. Open the Services snap-in and check that any service with a name starting with QlikView is running.

Another common reason to not be able to connect is that the user that you are attempting to connect with is not a member of the QlikView Administrators local security group. This groups is created on installation and you need to make all users that need to use the QEMC members of this group.

Sometimes the name aliasing of localhost can go awry, so I would suggest trying to connect via IP address, eg: http://192.168.1.42:4780/qemc/

The suggestion to check firewalling and anti-virus is also a good one.

Hope that helps resolve the issue, post back with how you get on.

Regards,
Steve

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your quick response. This issues has been resolved after I have upgrade the .Net version from 3.0 to 3.5.

Thanks

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

Did the installation of .Net 3.5.1 require a reboot? It may simply be that this caused the services to start properly (they often need a manual push after installation).

It is a 'good thing' to have the latest .Net installed on the server anyway.

Cheers,
Steve

Not applicable
Author

I have reboot the server after .net update. I am not sure 100% about .net caused this issue, but after reboot it has stated working, let me know if you would want me to look any log etc. to identify the appropriate issue. Now i am trying to install publisher and receiving error at the end of the installation and rollback complete installation. "Installation ended prematurely because of an error". This is our development env and welcome any of your valuable suggestions on our infrastructure or software config: Hardware: HP ProLiant 380 G4 AMP 2.8 GHz x2 CPUS, 12GB RAM, 200GB SCSI Raid 0+1 OS: Win 2008 R2 64bit, IIS 7, Qlikserver 10.0, Publisher 9
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

The machine specifications look fine. If you are not needing or using IIS then it may be worth switching it off (though QlikView does tend to play nicely with IIS installations).

The only thing that seems a bit odd is that you are choosing to run QV Server v10 and QV Publisher v9 together - or am I missing something here?

With QV 9 and 10 Publisher is effectively installed with Server and you just need to licence each part in the same management console.

Or am I missing something here?

Regards,
Steve

Not applicable
Author

we are planning to use IIS instead of Qlikview web server but I did not have any preference, other wise do you have any recommendation between these two. Let me understand about publisher server, Since i did not fine publisher server 10, i have downloaded v9 and trying to install. But now you have pointed me in right direction. so if I install QV server 10 means it has both server + publisher components. if yes, how do i know what are the components i have installed (any log file which tells a list of products installed). Thanks.
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi there,

Using IIS as the web server for QlikView allows you to configure this in a way that your existing infrastructure people will be familiar with. It is therefore a good idea to use this if you are planning an externally facing or https implementation. If you are simply using QlikView on a closed network or VPN then I personally would recommend using QlikView's own server.

Yes, Publisher will have been installed when you installed QlikView 10 Server. It does however need to be licensed separately. On the Licences tab where you key in your licence information you will see that you can select two components - Server and Publisher. The licence key needs to be plumbed into both.

Once Publisher is licensed additional options will appear in the existing Enterprise Management Console.

All the best.

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Geo Qlik server started and stopped ...it is not working..can you please assist