Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Upgrade Licensing Question....

We're currently running server and publisher 10 on Server 2008 R2.  We plan to upgrade to server and publisher 11.2 on Server 2012.  Am I going to run into a licensing issue if I install QV 11.2 on Server 2012 and use the same license that I'm using for my current production server?  The two servers would be running at the same time until we can test the new server, etc.  Of course, the old server will be taken offline once the new server is up.

Also, can I use the 11.0 desktop client for server/publisher 11.2 since all of my clients are running Windows 7?

Thanks!

Matt

1 Reply
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Matt,

Yes, you will have an issue: QlikView Server cannot run more than one instance with the same license number at the same time unless a cluster or any other temporary license has been issued to make it work for both servers. Actually, one of either server will get an "Off Duty" error in the QMC, indicating that there is more than one active license number.

I'd suggest you to contact your Account Manager in order to get these temporary licenses.

Hope that helps.

Miguel