Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Upgrade from qv server 11 SR1 to 11 SR2

How does one proceed to upgrade the server version 11 SR1 to version 11 SR2? Do I need to uninstall first or just to run the installation? Is it the same thing with desktop installation and publisher? Grateful for answers!

Regards

/ Fredrik

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Fredrik,

I know everyone has there own way, but with me I like to do an uninstall and they reinstall the new software.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your response!

What do i need to backup and which files should I copy back after installation?

Regards

/Fredrik

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

A clean install is always a great way to go about upgrading QVS.  However, I have not had any issues with inplace upgrades, where you just upgrade without uninstalling. 

I would back up the server, but I am overly conservative and nervous about losing data...

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The QVPR directory is the one I would always have a current backup. This is located at c:\programdata\qliktech\managementservice

This holds all the xml files that has your jobs and task settings.

There isn't anything other than that.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.