Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Upgrade to 11.20: DSC ODBC not found anymore

I just tried upgrading from version 11 SR2 (build 11414.0) to 11.20 (build 11643.0) 64-bit.

However after upgrading the directory service connector is not able to connect to MySQL via ODBC anymore.

I get these errors in the DSC log:

18.01.2013 10:19:09.7184451    Error    (Database.DatabaseProvider) Exception when connecting to the data source:

ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

18.01.2013 10:19:09.7184451    Error    (DSC.DirectoryFramework) setup path not successful for user 'XXXXX'' at 'ODBC://machineName': Database.DscException: Exception when connecting to the data source:

ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified ---> System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode)

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionHandle..ctor(OdbcConnection connection, OdbcConnectionString constr, OdbcEnvironmentHandle environmentHandle)

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)

at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.Open()

at Database.DatabaseProvider.TestConnection()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Database.DatabaseProvider.TestConnection()

at Database.DatabaseProvider.OpenConnAndGetDomain(String path, String username, String password)

at Database.AbstractDSP.SetupPath(String _path, String _username, String _password)

at DSC.DirectoryFramework.SetupResource(Guid id, String type, String path, String username, String password, IDictionary`2 newSettings)

18.01.2013 10:19:09.7184451    Warning    (DSC.DirectoryFramework) Setting up odbcDSP 'ODBC://machineName' wasn't successful: Exception when connecting to the data source:

ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Everything worked fine with the previous version and it also works fine after downgrading again.

Has anyone experienced the same?

7 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

"Data source name not found" seems to indicate a problem with the DSN, can you check that it's correctly configured as a system DSN in the ODBC connections admin program?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for helping.

Yes, it's configured as a system DSN for 64 bit ODBC.

I'm starting to suspect that 11.20 only checks 32 bit ODBC...

I did not change the ODBC connector setup when updating to 11.20 and as it was working fine with 11.0 SR2 there shouldn't be any problems with it, I think.

Kristian

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

well, you could try creating a 32 bits ODBC to check that. C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I know. I already downgraded again though as the test environment was down and needed for testing...

I'll have to try it out later unless I get any juicy tips from someone who's already solved this.

Thanks again, though!

Kristian

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hello,

I have the same issue using version 11.20.11705.0 (32 bits) and MS SQL.

Can you tell me what exactly means the DSP settings below ?

Data source name

Conn db name

Database backend

Override connection string

Many thanks

Best Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kristian,

Did you manage to solve the problem?

We are facing the same issue.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I found the solution.

we need to give the connection string in "Override Connection string" area like:

Driver={SQL Server};Server=ServerName;Database=DBName;Uid=userid;Pwd=password;

This config solved my problem.

Regards

Prabhahar.S