Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Warning: Note! This file has previously been created by this task and will be overwritten

Hi there,

I am getting a warning when QV Publisher is distribution an application (with loop and reduce). The message is:

"Warning: Note! This file has previously been created by this task and will be overwritten. Modify your filename template in order to fix this. Overwrite count: 1"

Does anyone have experienced something similar before? The distribution job is doing what it's supposed to do, but I am always getting the error message above.

We are running the latest version of QlikView (11 build 11154)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

When you say static, what do you exact mean?

You have to have a format that allows each file name to be unique....or else they get overwriten

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Fredrik,

Did you resolve this issue? We are having the same problem.Can you please help here.

Thanks in advance.

Not applicable
Author

You have to modify so that the filename will be changed for each distribution run, this is done if you open document in QMC, and under Reduce name

reducename.JPG.jpg

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Andreas. Is there any way we can keep static name instead of changing the names?

Not applicable
Author

When you say static, what do you exact mean?

You have to have a format that allows each file name to be unique....or else they get overwriten

alexdataiq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Thanks, this proved useful to me!

Regards

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

I know this is an old thread. Can you tell me what changes needs to be done in this Reduce page? I tried i am getting the same error. Can you please help. ?

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Never mind. Got it. I have to add the field in that Reduce page which i want to loop on. .