Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What are "<orphans>" source documents?

I see documents listed in the [ Documents | Source Documents ] tab under a tree element "<Orphans>".

I cannot find the term "Orphans" in the server documentation.

What is this tab trying to tell me? How does a document become an <Orphan>? How do I remedy the situation?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Daniel,

Orphan tasks (rather than documents) are those tasks attached to a document that has been moved or deleted, for example, and while the information on the task, permissions, triggers, etc... it's all stored into the QVPR, the actual document is no longer in its folder.

This basically allows you to delete tasks where documents no longer exist. In previous versions, you were not able to do that unless you created a new QVW with the same name.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Daniel,

Orphan tasks (rather than documents) are those tasks attached to a document that has been moved or deleted, for example, and while the information on the task, permissions, triggers, etc... it's all stored into the QVPR, the actual document is no longer in its folder.

This basically allows you to delete tasks where documents no longer exist. In previous versions, you were not able to do that unless you created a new QVW with the same name.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for quick reply.

Daniel Lipkie

(Sent from my iPhone)