Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

What can stop my QVWS service?

HI

It is now occurring more frequently that all goes well but that the users can not access the modules vie AccessPoint.

1) When I go into QVMC it indicate that all Services is running.

2) I also go check the Services in the computer management console, it indicate all is running
3) as soon as I run the bat file to stop and start all the Services, then I can access the modules.

Why is this happening?

In my log file I can see that the module did build successfully.

It got distributed to the correct folder where users get access using AccessPoint.

The most important module used is also 1 515 780kb in size. Scheduled to build daily at 01:00.

The other module used is 4 706 477kb. Scheduled to build 3x a week at 20:00.

Regards

4 Replies
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi  Zelda,

can you expand on what you mean by 'can not access the modules vie AccessPoint.'

Andy

Not applicable
Author

HI

The clients keep getting

1) When I ping the server I do get replay

2) I logon to server stop and start the QVWS

3) then I can logon and use modules via the AccessPoint

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This message means that the QVWS service that is providing you with AccessPoint access, cannot connect to the QVS service that is managing licenses and loading and displaying QVW documents.

A detailed explanation of what is going wrong (access rights, QVS not responding in a timely manner, etc.) can usually be found in the logs.

For QVWS, on the QlikView server check C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\WebServer\Log and open the latest log file.

For QVS, on the QlikView server check C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Qlikviewserver and open the latest Events log file.

You may have to set logging to the highest level (Debug mode) in the QMC to get more detailed messages.

Peter

Not applicable
Author

many thanks

I will go investigate these logs.