Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amit_shetty78
Creator II
Creator II

Why does qvw published on server still show old values on update?

Hi All,

I have a Qlikview server and have published my QlikView document. I made some updates to the document on my desktop and my SA saved it to the server by just overwriting the existing document.

But I still see the the values have not been refreshed in all the sheets. I have 2 sheets in my document. The values in first sheet seems fine but the values in second sheet are still the old.

How do we fix this.

Appreciate your help on this.

thanks,

Amit.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amit_shetty78
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Thomas Jensen, Shyamal Pandit, Colin Albert, Alessandro Saccone,

Figured out the issue.

Just noticed that there is button alongside each document when I see the list of documents in access point called 'Remove Last Document State'.

I clicked on it and that cleared up all the past selections made on the document. Refreshed the document after few second the document showed the correct figures.

Thanks for all you help on this. Appreciate it.

-Amit.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You need to publish the document again ...

Not applicable

Hi Amit,

Have you reloaded/republished the file once you were done with the changes.?

amit_shetty78
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Shyamal Pandit , Alessandro Saccone,

I saved the document on my desktop and copied the .qvw and saved it in the folder where all the documents that can be accessed from the server are saved.

Do I need to do some additional steps to fully refresh it? As I mentioned, part of the dashboard shows the new data and part of it still show the old data.

I have checked on my local desktop version the numbers are different to the one's I see when accessing it on the server.

Is this something to do with cache on the server?

thanks.

Not applicable

Close your desktop client and open it again. It does not refresh your data if you already had it open

Not applicable

Hi Amit,

Only saving/over writing the file in desktop won't reflect the recent changes to the file in server (I am assuming the file is viewed by end user/you via access point i.e. using IE plug in or any browser or AJAX).

For that you need to run the task and reload/republish the file again to the access point.

Hope this helps!

amit_shetty78
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Shyamal Pandit, Thomas Jensen

Apologies if I was not clear.

I can see the changes on my desktop client. The same changes does not reflect when I republish the file onto my QlikView server and access in my chrome browser using the following URL:

_http://myQlikviewServerName/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=CMD%2FmyDashboard%20v2.0.qvw&host=QVS%40m...

Below are the steps I follow:

1. I made changes to the document in desktop client.
  2. Reloaded the data in desktop client.
  3. Saved the document.
  4. closed it and reopened it on my desktop client to check if the changes are still there just to double check.
  5. Copied the .qvw file from the location where I saved my document.
  6. Opened the location on the server that hosts my Qlikview Server and saved the document in the folder for it to be available to view in access point.This folder already had the old version of this document. So I just over write the existing .qvw with the new version.

thanks.

amit_shetty78
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Thomas Jensen,

Yes, I saved the document, closed the client and opened it again.

I then copied this document and saved it to the publishing folder on the Qlikview server.

Thanks.

Colin-Albert

If you saved the document to the User Documents folder, then the next reload will overwrite the document with the version from the Source Documents folder.

To publish an updated version of the document..

1. Check that a reload is not currently running

2. Save your new QVW  in place of the existing file in the Source Documents folder.

3. Start the reload task in the QMC to reload & distribute the new version.

amit_shetty78
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Colin Albert,

I am not doing the reload on the server. I am currently doing the reload on my local desktop using QlikView desktop client. I save the file there and copy over the updated document and save it to the Source documents folder.

Thanks.