Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qvusersandra
Contributor III
Contributor III

Will tasks still working after activating publisher?

Hello,

I have installed a new server with QlikView 12 and Testserver-Licence without using Publisher. This new server should be the active server in future and so I transferred all documents and added all Tasks from the current active server. Current server uses Publisher and the new server should do this in future. Is there some negative effect after transferring Publisher licence from current to new Server to use Publisher? Will the tasks still work as created?

Regards,

Sandra

6 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

If your tasks do not migrate correctly you will need to use one of the Power Tools.

1. On the machine, run the Reload Schedule Migration Tool.

2. In the tool, use the button under Step 1 to browse to and select the QVPR folder for your

QlikView Server installation. It is located under:

a. Windows Server 2003/XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application

Data\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR

b. Windows Server 2008/Vista/7: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\

ManagementService\QVPR

3. Check the checkbox at Step 1.

4. In Step 2, change or add Source Document Folders to reflect the new system. Check the

checkbox at Step 2.

5. In Step 3a, return to the Enterprise Management Console (Management Console in

11) and navigate to System > Licenses > QlikView Publisher, and enter your licensing

information for Publisher. Press Apply License. Return to the tool and check the checkbox

at Step 3a.

6. In Step 3b, open the Windows Services management console, stop the QlikView

Management Service. Return to the tool and check the checkbox at Step 3b.

7. In Step 3c, return to the machine and manually copy the affected documents from the

User Documents folders to the Source Documents folders according to the mapping from

Step 2. Check the checkbox at Step 3c.

8. The tool is now ready to migrate the tasks. Check the checkbox at Step 4 and press

Recreate Tasks Now. You will get a message saying that the tasks were

migrated successfully.

9. In Step 5, open the Windows Services management console, start the QlikView

Management Service. Return to the tool and check the checkbox at Step 5.

10. Verify by returning to the QlikView Enterprise Management Console; Documents >

Source Documents and find your reload tasks on the moved documents.

See PowerTools 1.1 for QlikView on Community

Regards,

Pravesh

qvusersandra
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

thanks for the hint to PowerTools. But the Tasks are already active on new Server, but without Publisher. What I want to know is, if I will activate Publisher, all Tasks still running or will be there some negative effect? I cannot test without because I wont disturb the users.

Regards, Sandra

Not applicable

If you folder structure is the same on both servers, there should be no issues. The following assumes a clean install on your production server (Server2) and all tasks set up on your development server (Server1). Unless you have separate license keys, don't license Server2 yet, because that will attempt to create a cluster and will corrupt your QVPR.

Step 1: Stop all services on Server2

Step 2: Rename the QVPR folder on Server2 to something else, and copy the QVPR folder from Server1 to Server2.

Step 3: Change all references to Server1 in the following files to Server2:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR\DirectoryResource.xml
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR\DistributionService.xml
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR\DSCResource.xml
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR\QDSCluster.xml
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR\QlikViewServerResource.xml
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR\QVSCluster.xml
C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Publisher\CommandCenter\QVPR\QvWebServiceResource.xml

Step 4: Start all services on Server2 and stop all services on Server1.

Step 5: License Server2.

It's possible that I've missed a couple files, but that should do the trick. Test it out.

Regards,

Pravesh

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

What is Reload Schedule Migration Tool?

suepenick
Creator
Creator

We have been using QlikView for 2 years without Publisher

we just installed the license key for Publisher

We had to re-key all the load schedules

When you apply the key - you schedules all magically disappear.

You will need to go into the settings and point publisher to the correct directory where all your QVW's are

once that is in place you will see your Documents in the documents folder and it's easy to put the schedules in.

make sure you document your old loading schedule before you install the Key!

Once you start using it, you'll wonder why Qlik requires you to buy it.  It's part of the QV Console with the things you wish were in there.  There is very little instruction found on the web anywhere on this.

QV Publisher setting.JPG

Ronnie_Taborn
Support
Support

The tasks will work as long as you are using publisher.  Tasks are different for server and publisher.