Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
onkellepie
Partner - Contributor III

Wrong Configuration in QMC/ DistributionService

Hi,

we have a great Problem with one QlikView Document. The Size of this Document is 20 GB. And we want to open it only on one cluster QVS. But when we configure in QMC - Tasks - ReloadAndDistributionTask-Server-Performance-ClusterNode for one "Never" and for the other "Always" and "Preload" the QVW opens on both Clusterd Servers.

What we know now is, that in the Task_d3....xml the Hosts will be configured in Tag "DocumentLoad" as ClusterID. But there is the Host configured, not the real Cluster adress. At this Point the configuration is not correct because the QMC add the wrong "Cold" Server-2 as "Prohibit" and the correct "Hot" Server-3 as "Preload". But the "Hot" Server-1 and the other "Cold" Server-4 are not configured.

The old Task_XML was:

<DocumentLoad MaxOpenSessions="-1" SessionTimeout="0" DocumentTimeout="840" EnableSessionCollaboration="False">

<Qvs Name="QVS@MyQVSName.com" Mode="Granular">

<Node ClusterID="ServerHostName-2" Mode="Prohibit"/>

<Node ClusterID="ServerHostName-3" Mode="Preload" />

</Qvs>

</DocumentLoad>

We add both Server to the XML and now it works:

<DocumentLoad MaxOpenSessions="-1" SessionTimeout="0" DocumentTimeout="840" EnableSessionCollaboration="False">

<Qvs Name="QVS@MyQVSName.com" Mode="Granular">

<Node ClusterID="ServerHostName-1" Mode="Prohibit"/>

<Node ClusterID="ServerHostName-2" Mode="Prohibit"/>

<Node ClusterID="ServerHostName-3" Mode="Preload" />

<Node ClusterID="ServerHostName-4" Mode="Prohibit"/>

</Qvs>

</DocumentLoad>

The big QVW only opens on the Preload Server.

But when we edit this task in QMC or change something in the QMC-System-QVServer configuration we loose this changes.

Now our questions are:

How can we solve our problem, that the big QVW only opens on one Cluster OR on one Host (its equal for us if on one Host or one Cluster)?

Are we on the "right way" with our solution to manually edits the task?

How can we change the Task and Server Config without loose our manually changes?

Is there any way to add/change the Host Names in the QMC? (Perhaps this is easier than edit manually the Tasks)

For better understanding here our QlikView Setup:

Cluster A (Windows Failover Cluster) 

ServerHostName-1 (Hot; DistributionService, QVServer, DirectoryService)

ServerHostName-2 (Cold; DistributionService, QVServer, DirectoryService)

Cluster B (Windows Failover Cluster)

ServerHostName-3  (Hot; QVServer, DirectoryService)

ServerHostName-4 (Cold; QVServer, DirectoryService)

Server 5 (QMC)

Server 6,7,8,9: Accesspoints

We had also an QlikView Cluster Licence for the two Hot QlikView Server.

Actually QV Version is 11.20.

Can anyone help us?

Many thanks!

6 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You will need to do this on the Server tab in the task that you create.

QV10-2013-07-09-07-47-22.png

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
onkellepie
Author

Hi Bill,

thanks for your fast reply. It looks a little bit different in my QMC (perhaps because we use QV11.20), but i already do this. But the result is the wrong Task configuration i described below.QV11_ScreenDistributingProblem.JPG

Is my problem clear? If not i can describe it again!

Thanks for any reply!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey wondering did you ever get to the bottom of this?

We are having same issue after updating the Memory/CPU on our 4 QVS Servers in the Cluster. 

Kind Regards

Marc

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello Marc,

The above from the previous poster looks to me like an error somewhere in the .xml files, as they had a duplicated setting of document loading options (there should have only been bottom option).

For your issue, I would recommend looking over our existing knowledge database to see if you are able to find a solution. Feedback on the same is of course very appreciated.

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sonja,

Thanks for you reply. Turned out our issue was related to the order of the nodes in our cluster after we had changed them during an upgrade. We just had to delete and add 1 in at a time and the distribution worked again.

Kind Regards

Marc

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Thank you for coming back with what resolved the issue for you 🙂
Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂