Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III

access point report performance

hello,

THere are few reports in the access point .The size of each reports is only around 250 to 300 Mb. But there are many charts and tables in the two tabs.

The first I access the report when I try to open any chart it takes time to open the chart or the table. But when I do it for the second or the third time opening the report and then tried opening the charts it is quite faster .What could be the reason?

There is no problem with the data in each of the charts or the tables. But only slowness is the problem

Can anyone please provide what could be the reason .

Thanks

Sriram

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The document has to be loaded into the memory of the server first. If you don't 'preload' it then the first user to access the document will have to wait until it is loaded into memory. The next users won't have to wait as long because the document is already loaded in the memory of the server.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The document has to be loaded into the memory of the server first. If you don't 'preload' it then the first user to access the document will have to wait until it is loaded into memory. The next users won't have to wait as long because the document is already loaded in the memory of the server.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The first document load is one delay covered by Gysbert. The other delay is the first time a chart/table is calculated. This result is cached for the current selections. If the selections change and then you go back to the original selections, the chart will be populated from the cache which is often much faster than recalculating.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Gysbert , The reason provided was very userful.