Qlik Community

QlikView Publisher

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Publisher.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

copy tasks by script

Hi all,

i want to setup a task with a special parameter.

This can be done by using the "Script Parameter" part at QMC->Documents->Source Documents->Reload-> Parameter name / Parameter value. Up to this Point no problem, but i have to do that for about 80 single QlikView Apps and at each new task the parameter name and value are the same. At this point I'm thinking about a script. Does somebody have done this before. Does somebody have Idea how to do this or does even have a idea to realize this.

Regards

Michael

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Not applicable

Re: copy tasks by script

I haven't done this (yet) but I know it must be doable via the Management API. Unfortunately, the right examples are still missing from this page: QlikView Management API - Getting Started and Examples

Maybe we can invite Joe Bickley for a comment on the availability of further examples?

Not applicable

Re: copy tasks by script

Hi,

thanks. Looks like i have to use c#, as you told already.

Did already some stuff with the API. Found this Re: QMS API Creating a new task .In combination with GetDocumentenTask(documentTaskID Guid, documentTaskScope) I think I will be able to find a solution.

THX

Michael