Qlik Community

QlikView Publisher

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Publisher.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

create EDX task through API

I am trying to create an EDX task through QMS API. However, there is no such option to create one. I have automated the triggering of EDX task once it is manually created on a document. Would any one know how to create one. A sample code or example or even reference to functions that could be used is appreciated.

Thanks

5 Replies
Not applicable

which version of qlikview server are you running ?

Employee
Employee

Regardless of version (10 or 11), it's called ExternalEventTrigger, and inherits from Trigger. You have to use the SaveDocumentTask, and the object structure Triggering > TaskTriggering > Triggers > Trigger > ExternalEventTrigger. Look in the QMSAPIDocumentation.chm that's located on the machine where the QMS is installed, under C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service.

Also, take a look at the QMS API Client in Power Tools 1.1 for QlikView, here: http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3059. It's an invaluable tool when working with the QMS APIs.

Not applicable

Tammy, am using version 11.

Not applicable

Stefan is right- i thought you were trying to write code to fire the triggered task, which uses a different technique depending on qv10 or qv11. 

Not applicable

Re: create EDX task through API

Stefan,

Can you please comment on "community.qlik.com/message/278652#278652"? I'm trying to do the same thing that the person in this thread and I've posted my code. It saves, however in the QlikView Management Console I see my task appear but not with the EDX event label.

mj

Community Browser