Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

give access to a folder

Hello all,

I have multiple folders with reports in it and with many users accessing different reports

as per the section access permissions granted to the user group.

In that list of folders, I have a folder with 10 reports in it. Now here I need to give entire folder access to only 3 users.

So now my question, instead of giving permission to all 10 reports (qvw files) individually, can I give permission to the folder itself

and which will apply to the files also?

I am using qlikview publisher.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Rupali

When using QV Publisher you need, on the Task that publishes (distributes) it, to define what Recipients [AD Users / Groups] it is distributed to. When the Task runs it will set the file level permissions on the distributed qvw file.

Note: These file level permissions will override any folder level permissions, which would explain your symptoms of you setting folder level permissions and it making no difference.

Best Regards,     Bill

View solution in original post

9 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

If the users have Named CAL and you are using NTFS security, perhaps yes. Else not.

Not applicable
Author

yes I  have named users and NTFS.

how to set it?

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Right click on the folder->Security tab, include the users and give proper access to them. All the qvws under the folder should be visible to the users.

Not applicable
Author

I have done the same way, but still it is showing the files in that folder to the users, to whom access is not given.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Rupali

When using QV Publisher you need, on the Task that publishes (distributes) it, to define what Recipients [AD Users / Groups] it is distributed to. When the Task runs it will set the file level permissions on the distributed qvw file.

Note: These file level permissions will override any folder level permissions, which would explain your symptoms of you setting folder level permissions and it making no difference.

Best Regards,     Bill

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Are the users connecting to the folder with the desktop client or are they going through the access point?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

yes Users are connecting through access point.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Qlik deals with file level permissions and not folder level, so there is no inherit folder permissions. When a QVW is distributed Qlik will set the file level permissions to the users you setup in the distribution task.  This is part of the security and will keep someone from just dropping a QVW into a folder for everyone to see.

To set the users see image below. If you look at the example below this QVW will only be seen by use1-3.

Untitled.png

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Bill,

Thanks for the reply. That answers my question.