Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to check which distribution server is being used for a task?

Hi,

In our Qlikview server setup, we are using two distribution servers in a cluster. We are having some reload tasks failures and I was trying to troubleshoot them. While troubleshooting, I realized that it was not easy for me to check which distribution server is being used by the task. I had to go to each distribution server and check the logs to confirm if the task has been run on that distribution server or the other one.

Now I have two questions in mind

1) Is there any easy way in QMC to check which distribution server will be used by the task. If this is decided on the run, then after the task is completed, can we still somehow check in QMC which distribution server was used during that execution that occurred in past.

2) Can we control manually which distribution server will be used by a task?

Regards

Shah

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Hi Syed

1) You can see this in the task log (Status / Tasks then click Show Task Details and select tab Log).

In the beginning you will see two log rows like this:

(2015-04-23 08:45:16) Information: ClusterID=1

(2015-04-23 08:45:16) Information: QDSID=0b0f0342-6a53-e528-7376-185051f58f00

2) There is currently no way to pin a task to one specific distribution service. The one with the least load will be picked.