Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

initial data reduction option

Hello,

I want to know what Initial Data Reduction Option do in Documents -->Opening ,what if i uncheck this option?

Kindly Explain ,,,Waiting for reply

6 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

When this theoritical questions are answered nicely in the reference manual, it is expected that you should go through that and might come back if any doubt thereafter. Do you have the reference manual?

Not applicable
Author

Hi tresesco,

I read it ,but couldnt find the diff when checkd or unchecked that option .

sasikanth
Master
Master

Hi

Rohit ,

Short ans to it ,

if you check the option , then it will reduce the Data based on the users

Ex:COUNTRY

India

US

AUS

suppose we have 2 users , one user have access to see US related Data ,

then the Remianing Data will be Hide if you check that option..other wise it will show Remaining 2  but

you cannot have Access

Thanks

Sasi

tresesco
MVP
MVP

'QlikView will perform a procedure on opening ......'  -> This will perform so when it is checked. If uncheckd, it doesn't do so. Did you try creating a sample file and understand the behavior?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rohit,

Basically what this option does is , It activates the section access code written at the back end.

If it is unchecked, then the section access will not work. It will show all the data regardless the access not provided to him,

Hope this answers your query.

Regards

Rishi Beri

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Rohit,

You can see the difference when you implement Section Access in the Qlikview file.Check below thread and try the options

Authentication and Authorization in Qlikview

Regards,

Jagan.