Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

is qvs 10 faster than qvs 9?

Silly and quick question.

Theoretically a reload of data done with QV (client) 10 is really faster than done with QV 9.

Is this applicable for the server side?
Thanks

Giulio

6 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I didn't really check for server side differences when we upgraded to v10, but I definitely noticed the difference in some loads on my own machine between the two versions when I was testing v9 vs. v10 functionality.  I can't think of anything that would prevent the server from seeing similar gains.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We have seen over a 60% inmprovement in reload times.   Our massive weekend update went from 13 hours down to about 5 hours after upgrading from QV 9 to QV 10.

JS

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

This isn't very scientific since I never wrote down our old load times and computed averages before and after the upgrade.  But based on my memory alone, I think our two biggest loads each took between 2 and 3 hours in version 9.  Each took around an hour last night in version 10.  I honestly didn't realize until now that it was THAT much better, assuming I'm remembering the old load times correctly, and that nobody upgraded the server hardware.

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I have seen great improvements when reading data from odbc datasources. Maybe it´s related with the separation of the odbc/oledb connection in a separated process called qvconnect. This has be done to allow QV x64 to connect to x32 odbc drivers.

suniljain
Master
Master

QV 10 is much faster than QV 9 because it works based on concept of multithreading.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you folks.

I definitively verified that the performance are much better on 10 than on 9.

I've been scared by an initial issue with QVS 10 server the first time a run my report, as the server hanged up.

Thanks

Giulio