Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

"Edit Module" dialog box keeps popping

Hi,

I  have written a sub routine using edit module in qlikview.

Every time I make some selection using list box, the "edit module" dialogue box pops out. Can some body please tell me how to avoid this pop up.

Thanks in advance!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

The reason for pop up is when QlikView is trying to execute the macro, macro returns some error.

So the macro needs to be corrected in order to stop the pop up of edit module.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

It may be due to the reason that you have given the name of that macro in the trigger of some field.

Make sure that you have not assign any triggers for macro.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply kaushik.

How do I check for such trigger??

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You can go to Document Properties -> Triggers Tab -> here you will find different things on which triggers can be assigned.

Here if you find  '<Has Action>' then that is the field or variable on which trigger is assigned.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

Kaushik,

Yes, as you say there are triggers for the fields I'm trying to select.

But this is expected behavior as I want the routine to be executed every time I make some changes in the selection.

But all this has to happen in background and pop up must not come.

So can u plz provide a way to avoid this pop up ?

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

The reason for pop up is when QlikView is trying to execute the macro, macro returns some error.

So the macro needs to be corrected in order to stop the pop up of edit module.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

Okay let me try checking my module.

Thanku

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Try the "Test" button under Module window to check the macro and its working.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Kindly paste the application if you can, or paste the macro.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

There was some error in macro. I modified it and now its working fine without any pop up.

Thanks a lot