Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

reduce, distribute and restrict access

Hi there,

I am having a hard time figuring out how to reduce / distribute documents in the intended way. I am sure it is actually quite easy, but I am failing miserably right now...

I am using Enterprise Server with Publisher, users do access QV apps via Access Point in IE Exlorer (IE Plug-in).

What I want to do is to:

1) Reload and reduce a source document based on a certain field, i.e. region (that works ok)

2) Distribute the new, reduced user documents to a folder (that works ok, too - my folder shows a couple of user documents, one each for any region that forms part of my data)

3) Restrict the access to the reduced user documents. (???)

How can I assign certain users to those user documents, so that users from a certain region only see their own document?!?!

Please note that I have a mixture of named users and document Cals.

I hope someone can help me quickly - thanks!!!

Regs,

Thomas

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I eventually worked it out!

Here is my solution, maybe it helps others:

I needed to change the authorisation from NTFS to DMS (QEMC - System - QlikView Server - Security).

After that change, I can see an Authorisation-Tab for each user document where I can name users.

Thanks anyway!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Is section access included in your original QVW?

Not applicable
Author

No, I have not used section access - section access should not be necessary as I have created the right user documents already (reduced by region).

My question is more about how to set the user permissions so that a user only sees the user document he is entitled to see (in Access Point).

I can use NTFS authorisation, but then still the user would see a document, although he would not be able to actually open it.

I would like to only display those user docs that a user should see.

Regs,

Thomas

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Hi Thomas.

this is exactly what section access is about :

My question is more about how to set the user permissions so that a user only sees the user document he is entitled to see (in Access Point).

But let me check if you can set permissions through the server itself. Maybe this proves helpfull to you :

http://community.qlik.com/message/167411#167411

or

http://community.qlik.com/message/84311#84311

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ioannis,

thanks for those links - I did have a look at those and checked relevant parts of the server/publisher reference guide once againt - but still have no solution yet.

To me it seems that it is not possible to Loop&Reduce (=produce several smaller versions of one source document) and then assign users/groups to each individual smaller version UNLESS I have a field in the data model that would specify the users or user groups that have access?

This still isn't clear to me.

I believe what I am trying to do is a very basic case: loop&reduce the source docuemnt (i.e. one copy for each region) and then restrict access for each copy in a way that users of a specific region can only see the copy of their region in access point!?!

This must be possible, right?

Not applicable
Author

I eventually worked it out!

Here is my solution, maybe it helps others:

I needed to change the authorisation from NTFS to DMS (QEMC - System - QlikView Server - Security).

After that change, I can see an Authorisation-Tab for each user document where I can name users.

Thanks anyway!