Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

server license change

Hi All,

we had a server license with 10 Named CAL and 10 session CAL.

Newly we've decided to increase the number of session CALs from 10 to 20 and get from Qliktech a new license number.

Is it necessary to stop all services ? How can I change the license number on server ?

regards

Gulnur

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

The cleaner method is to check first whether the license number in the license agreement is the same the Server is using. Go to the QlikView Enterprise Management Console, System, Licenses, QlikView Server, QlikView Server License in the right part, Serial Number.

If both are the same number, then just click in that same page on the button "Update License From Server". The Console will restart the server to apply changes.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

i believe no need to stop any service.

if change  licence it will not affect any other service.

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

I will test it so. thanks Sunil

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

The cleaner method is to check first whether the license number in the license agreement is the same the Server is using. Go to the QlikView Enterprise Management Console, System, Licenses, QlikView Server, QlikView Server License in the right part, Serial Number.

If both are the same number, then just click in that same page on the button "Update License From Server". The Console will restart the server to apply changes.

Hope that helps.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Hi GuelnurK,

I don't think so, we need to stop the services for update the license information, First update information and stop and start then check the no of licenses increased in licenses tab.

Regards,

Ravi.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear Miguel Angel Baeyens,

what we should do if both are different?

Best Regards.

Wong Ming Jiun