Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohit214
Creator III
Creator III

what is EDX?

Hi all,

what is EDX? and how to impliment it

please share the steps to impliment the EDX process.

regards

Rohit

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Take a look at this document:

It guides you through how to implement.

Furthermore a correction needs to be made: Its called Event Driven Execution

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2650

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rohit214
Creator III
Creator III
Author

any one have the idea about EDX please share with me...

suniljain
Master
Master

Electronic Data Exchange (EDX) is a technology using structured data formats and software translators to communicate information between two computer systems. Partners exchanging data agree to use the standard data formats and program their computers to audit documents, transmit them electronically to one another, and notify senders of received documents.

EDX has been used for more than fifty years and began in the shipping industry. Although this technology has come to education more recently, its usefulness has been recognized by a growing number of industries such as banking, insurance, railroad, airline, retail, petroleum, and even research. By the mid-80s the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) Accredited Standards Committee X12 was formed to develop national standard data formats to be used for a wide variety of applications in traditional EDI. More recently, the Postsecondary Electronic Standards Council has become the body approving national standard formats in XML, particularly for the education community.

rohit214
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Sunil,

Thanks for your reply but i am talking about External Event Driven(EDX) if you have any idea about this that would be much appreciable.

Regards

Rohit

Not applicable

External Event Driven is where you for example could set up an SQL job, who triggers your Qlikview jobs. So you dont have to schedule in qlikview management console.

Example:

on my SQL database i have a SQL job loading all my dimensions - When this job is finished i want to start my qlikview jobs.

Then i can use External Event Driven to trigger those jobs though my SQL job.

Hope you understand

rohit214
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Thomas Sir,

Thanks for your reply, but how can i impliment this please explain me step wise.

Regards

Rohit

Not applicable

Take a look at this document:

It guides you through how to implement.

Furthermore a correction needs to be made: Its called Event Driven Execution

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2650