Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

when does .shared file get deleted??

Hi All,

I wanted to know when does a .shared file get deleted automatically in Qlikview Server 11 IR1.

Regards,

Utsav

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

User created bookmarks are not temporary bookmarks, and therefore should not be automatically deleted. I'm not sure why your bookmarks are being deleted.

-Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

.shared files are never deleted automatically. You must delete them manually if they are obsolete. They are obsolete if there is no matching qvw file of the same name,

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

User Bookmarks created via AJAX view were getting deleted periodically though we were not deleting the shard file manually,

So i wanted to know the same. Is there no way using QMC or Settings file the same can be done??

Regards

Utsav

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can delete individual bookmarks from the QMC, but not the .shared file itself.

I'm not sure why your user bookmarks may be getting deleted. The deletion of temporary bookmarks can be controlled by the setting

ServerTempBookmarkTimeoutDay=n

in the server settings.ini file. However that should only apply to temp bookmarks. You may want to check with support on why non-temp bookmarks are getting deleted.

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

Whatever bookmarks users create using AJAX or IE Plugin would be server bookmarks or temporary bookmarks??

Thank You so much for the help.

Utsav

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

User created bookmarks are not temporary bookmarks, and therefore should not be automatically deleted. I'm not sure why your bookmarks are being deleted.

-Rob