Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

64x version finds infinite records in SAP BW tables

Hi All,

We've just installed the 64-bit version of Qlikview onto a dedicated server. When we use the QvSAPConnector (including using a template script supplied by Qliktech) each table read finds an infinite number of records, so it never gets past the first table. Using the 32-bit version on individual computers has proved that there's nothing wrong with the scripts themselves as they find the correct number of records.

Is this a known issue, and if so is there anything that can be done? And, if not, would the recommendation be for us to change the server installation to 32-bit?

Thanks,

Tim

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
suniljain
Master
Master

you are extracting data through 32 bit as well as 64 bit sap connector.

My question which sap connector file you transported in SAP BW environment . I mean 32 bit or 64 bit ?.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

this is not relates to 32 bit or 64 bit version. We alredy using 64 bit sap connector for sap bw. till now do not get any problem. pls check your BW side.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the speedy reply. This doesn't appear to be an issue with BW though - the same script can be run seconds apart from the 64- and 32-bit versions using the same BW username and password and the results differ. If you don't think this is a version issue is there anything else you think might be causing it?

suniljain
Master
Master

is this happening for DSO, Cube , InfoObject ?.

Not applicable
Author

All of the above! The template we were given loads infoobjects, infocubes, DSOs and metadata. When I wirte commands myself to extract from single tables (for example Infoobject master data tables) the same thing happens.

This appears to be a problem only with the QvSAPConnector - the QvSAPDSOConnector seems to work okay (I'd like to be able to connect to any table I need to though!)

suniljain
Master
Master

you are extracting data through 32 bit as well as 64 bit sap connector.

My question which sap connector file you transported in SAP BW environment . I mean 32 bit or 64 bit ?.

Not applicable
Author

This sounds like it could be the route of the problem, thanks! The installation of the original connector was done before I joined the company, and I wasn't aware that there were different BW transports for each version.

Looking at the installation files in C:\Program Files\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data\QvSAPConnector\Transports\ for both 32- and 64- bit installations the files look the same (they have the same names). Can you please confirm that the files installed on the 64-bit server are the right ones, or do I need to find them elsewhere?

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

The SAP Transports are the same for 32 and 64 bits. I had this problem of infinite records when I was using a version of SAP Transports that didn't correspond with the version of SAP Connector client I was using.

I would reinstall the SAP Transports using the latest version and use the latest version of SAP Connector client.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Excellent - I'll get that sorted. Thanks to you both!

Not applicable
Author

someone already mentioned this, the issue is with mismatch between transports and front end part of the connector (they need to be the same release). The transports are not bit dependent.

A