Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
adamdavi3s
Honored Contributor

Active directory- last login & large numbers

Hi All,

I am trying to convert the last login time from AD into a date.

Obviously I appreciate its held in integer8, but that conversion seems to work OK.

The issue I have is that for some reason it is only working sometimes.... it has to be the data format but I can't figure it out at all!

Here are the various things I have tried, and below is a snapshot of the data which shows it weirdly working for some but not others:

LOAD DISTINCT

DisplayName,

SAMAccountName,

LastLogon,

num(num#(LastLogon)) as num,

left(LastLogon,9) as left,

right(LastLogon,9) as right,

left(LastLogon,9) & right(LastLogon,9) as combined,

evaluate(trim(LastLogon)) as lastlogon,

Div(LastLogon, 1e10) & Mod(LastLogon, 1e10) As aLongNumber,

Timestamp(evaluate(trim(LastLogon)) / 864000000000 - 109207) as last_logon,

Timestamp(evaluate(LastLogontimestamp) / 864000000000 - 109207) as last_logon_timestamp

2 Replies
mr_janne
New Contributor III

Re: Active directory- last login & large numbers

Hi Adam,

"The lastLogon attribute is not designed to provide real time logon information.
With default settings in place the lastLogontimeStamp will be 9-14 days behind the current date.

"

Source: “The LastLogonTimeStamp Attribute” – “What it was designed for and how it works” - Ask the Directory...

regards.janne

adamdavi3s
Honored Contributor

Re: Active directory- last login & large numbers

Hi Janne,

Thank you  yes, I had read that but at this time we're not concerned as we're simply trying to identify users who have not logged in for over 90 days so the 9-14 day delay / disparity isn't too concerning

The concern here I believe is with the formatting of the data, unless that disparity is creating an un-convertable string?

Community Browser