Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Add AGGR function

Hi

I need to add the aggr function to the expression below to give a column total in my pivot table for the dimension called 'Region'

Sum({$<DHR_FiscalYear=,DHR_FiscalMonth=,COMMONDATE={">=$(DH_LY_YearStart)<=$(DH_LY_YearEnd)"}>} Salesquantity1 )

-
sum({$<DHR_FiscalYear=,DHR_FiscalMonth=,COMMONDATE={">=$(DH_LY_YearStart)<=$(DH_LY_YearEnd)"}>} SalesQtyOld)

+
sum({$<DHR_FiscalYear=,DHR_FiscalMonth=,COMMONDATE={">=$(DH_LY_YearStart)<=$(DH_LY_YearEnd)"}>}  SalesQtyNew))

I'm not sure how to use this function

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

What dimensions are included in this chart? And check the syntax of your expression - I have only copy/paste your snippet but if I look on them I see two closing brackets on the third expression-part.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

9 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Maybe try

=Sum (Aggr (above mentioned expression ,Region))

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you need sum-of-rows in a pivot table, you can do it like

=Sum(

Aggr(

YourCurrentExpression,

ChartDimension1,

ChartDimension2,

ChartDimension3

)

)

Replace YourCurrentExpression and the ChartDimensionsX with your expression and all chart dimension (fields only).

marcus_sommer

You could try this:

sum(aggr(

Sum({$<DHR_FiscalYear=,DHR_FiscalMonth=,COMMONDATE={">=$(DH_LY_YearStart)<=$(DH_LY_YearEnd)"}>} Salesquantity1 )

-
sum({$<DHR_FiscalYear=,DHR_FiscalMonth=,COMMONDATE={">=$(DH_LY_YearStart)<=$(DH_LY_YearEnd)"}>} SalesQtyOld)

+
sum({$<DHR_FiscalYear=,DHR_FiscalMonth=,COMMONDATE={">=$(DH_LY_YearStart)<=$(DH_LY_YearEnd)"}>}  SalesQtyNew))

, Region))

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Hi

The expression looks ok but I just get zero in the results and no total

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Did you check them one by one to see which one fails?

marcus_sommer

What dimensions are included in this chart? And check the syntax of your expression - I have only copy/paste your snippet but if I look on them I see two closing brackets on the third expression-part.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Its ok I've sorted it, it works now

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Any chance you could help me with this, I'm not sure if I've got the formula correct

sum(if(Companycode = 'JP05' or Companycode = 'KR05' or Companycode =  'ID05' or Companycode =  'TW05',
Sum(Aggr(sum({$<DHR_FiscalYear=,DHR_FiscalMonth=,COMMONDATE={">=$(DH_LY_YearStart)<=$(DH_LY_YearEnd)"}>} Netrevenue),LOB,BusinessUnit,NeptuneMarket*100*LocalCurrencyRate,
Sum(aggr(sum({$<DHR_FiscalYear=,DHR_FiscalMonth=,COMMONDATE={">=$(DH_LY_YearStart)<=$(DH_LY_YearEnd)"}>} Netrevenue),LOB,BusinessUnit,NeptuneMarket*LocalCurrencyRate,LOB,BusinessUnit,NeptuneMarket))))))

The expression says it is ok but I get no results

marcus_sommer

You have with:

sum(if(Companycode = 'JP05' or Companycode = 'KR05' or Companycode =  'ID05' or Companycode =  'TW05',
Sum(Aggr(sum({$<DHR_FiscalYear=,DHR_FiscalMonth=,COMMONDATE={">=$(DH_LY_YearStart)<=$(DH_LY_YearEnd)"}>} Netrevenue),LOB,BusinessUnit,NeptuneMarket*100*LocalCurrencyRate,
Sum(aggr(sum({$<DHR_FiscalYear=,DHR_FiscalMonth=,COMMONDATE={">=$(DH_LY_YearStart)<=$(DH_LY_YearEnd)"}>} Netrevenue),LOB,BusinessUnit,NeptuneMarket*LocalCurrencyRate,LOB,BusinessUnit,NeptuneMarket))))))

two aggregations nested without using an aggr(). You could of course nest several aggr-functions but it must be look like:

sum(aggr(sum(aggr(sum(aggr(sum(aggr ....

In your case try something like this:

if(match(Companycode, 'JP05', 'KR05',  'ID05', 'TW05'),
     Sum(Aggr(sum({$<DHR_FiscalYear=,DHR_FiscalMonth=,

COMMONDATE={">=$(DH_LY_YearStart)<=$(DH_LY_YearEnd)"}>} Netrevenue), LOB,BusinessUnit,NeptuneMarket)               

* 100 * LocalCurrencyRate,
     Sum(aggr(sum({$<DHR_FiscalYear=,DHR_FiscalMonth=,

COMMONDATE={">=$(DH_LY_YearStart)<=$(DH_LY_YearEnd)"}>} Netrevenue),LOB,BusinessUnit,NeptuneMarket)

* LocalCurrencyRate))

whereby it's not quite clear for me what are the aggr-dimensions and what should be on which point multiplied and also where are the difference between then- and the else-expression? Only the 100 - then would be one aggr-expression enough and the condition would be only for the 100 applied.

- Marcus