Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Added a Field from my Data Set as an expression, but having trouble filtering out certain variables

Hello all,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me with this script:

if(Num( DISTINCT
{<
[Project Status]-={'PROJECT AWARDED', 'COMPLETED', 'PROJECT CANCELLED', 'ON HOLD'}
>}
1)=1,
[Estimated Provject Value],'$###,###.')

Basically, I am adding this expression because I needed a field that displayed the projected value of a project. This is a currency value, which is why I added it as an expression to allow me to format as I saw fit. The filtering seems to be working, but the values are displaying as "-" in my table.

Any insights into what I may be doing wrong here?

Regards,

Myles

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

The expression  syntax is wrong . The issue is that its not obvious what you are trying to do  

Here are a couple of guessed alternatives. Note that i'm summing the Estimated Project Value and i'm not sure if that is what you want.

num(

sum(    {<[Project Status]-={'PROJECT AWARDED', 'COMPLETED', 'PROJECT CANCELLED', 'ON HOLD'}>}

[Estimated Provject Value] )

,'$###,###.')

or

num(

sum(

if( NOT(  match( [Project Status], 'PROJECT AWARDED','COMPLETED', 'PROJECT CANCELLED', 'ON HOLD') ) , [Estimated Provject Value] )

,'$###,###.')

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

The expression  syntax is wrong . The issue is that its not obvious what you are trying to do  

Here are a couple of guessed alternatives. Note that i'm summing the Estimated Project Value and i'm not sure if that is what you want.

num(

sum(    {<[Project Status]-={'PROJECT AWARDED', 'COMPLETED', 'PROJECT CANCELLED', 'ON HOLD'}>}

[Estimated Provject Value] )

,'$###,###.')

or

num(

sum(

if( NOT(  match( [Project Status], 'PROJECT AWARDED','COMPLETED', 'PROJECT CANCELLED', 'ON HOLD') ) , [Estimated Provject Value] )

,'$###,###.')