Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding charts to container

Hi

I want to add three charts to a container, but the charts are part of a input box, with the charts only active when selected. It is not possible combining the three charts into one as we for example have totally different color schemas.

So in the container I need to have the option of seeing all three charts in selected in the Input box. If I grad all three of them into the Container, all three chart names reflect but only the one in the input box actually shows data. See printscreen. the first 3 objects are in question. I only want one object to show there for the three charts, it must then change the chart in use according to what is selected in the input box, be in 120Days, 150Days or 180Days.

Like I said before I cannot combine charts, in addition we want to use this for different possibilities, example table boxes where depending on the selection made it gives the amount of fields required by each chart.

Hope this makes sense

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

About the only thing I would consider using a container for is for a set of listboxes. In almost any other case I find it a lot more practical and looking far better to show/hide objects as needed instead of using containers.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I'm not sure what you want. Perhaps you're looking for the Container Type setting on the Presentation tab. Try setting it to Grid.

Not applicable
Author

I want to add charts to a container, three of the charts as governed by die input box, so if I select I want to see 120Days Ageing it uses that chart, if i want to see 150Days Ageing it uses another chart. If I add all three charts to the container it gives me the three chart names but only one of the three will give data depending on the values selected in the input box.

Basically is there a way to add charts to a container when charts are only visible with an input box selection, without having the name show permanenty in the Container?

Hope it makes more sense

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Basically is there a way to add charts to a container when charts are only visible with an input box selection, without having the name show permanenty in the Container?

No, there isn't.

Not applicable
Author

I tried the grid type, as only one of the three charts is selected it gives me one chart net a blank space, for chart options 2 and three which are not visible and then the second chart which is not dependant us such on the input box. This second chart actually works with the input box but i built in code so it only works from one chart and changes the data in the chart. The first set of charts I could not combine as I have to have chart coloring which has to be hardcoded to have noticable changes in coloring.

Not applicable
Author

That sucks, so its of more use when having a set of single charts?

Thanks for info

Gysbert_Wassenaar

About the only thing I would consider using a container for is for a set of listboxes. In almost any other case I find it a lot more practical and looking far better to show/hide objects as needed instead of using containers.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks, it makes sense