Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding to QVD without loading it in

Is there a way to add or concatenate to the QVD's without having to load them in first? I am looking for the optimal way to do incremental loading and insert new transactional data daily without having to load it up first.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonasheisterkam
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

That would not work without reading file first, inside you have pointer to distinct values.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jonasheisterkam
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

That would not work without reading file first, inside you have pointer to distinct values.

marcus_sommer

I agree with Jonas Heisterkamp. For incremental loads you will nearly always need a method to check if new data aren't already stored within the qvd (it's quite often that the workflow to fill the qvd isn't perfect ...). Also an optimized load from the qvd is extremly fast and shouldn't be a problem.

- Marcus

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Without loading the QVD it is not possible to append the data, instead you can create separate QVD each time you load.

Table:

LOAD

FROM TableName;

STORE Table INTO TableName_$(=Today()).qvd;

Now the script will create separate qvd everyday, not in script you can load all QVDs in a single shot by using wildcard characters

LOAD

FROM TableName_*.qvd (qvd);

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

We are planning on creating one QVD for each month in a calendar year, and appending the transaction data to that specific month. I was curious to know if it was possible to append to the month QVD without loading the whole one.

As mentioned by Marcus_Sommer, we can do a load from the QVD on the last available transaction date and compare it to the new data to be added. The last available transaction should give us less resulting rows than the whole QVD worth of data, which we can then append to.