cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

AllowExecuteCommand setting violation detected

Hi Guys.

Error : AllowExecuteCommand setting violation detected

i'm getting this error while trying execute a batch files, it works fine when i'm using QV11, i just upgrade my qvs into QV12.

i've try this 2 solution :

1. i already try add this line : AllowExecuteCommand=1 in settings.ini (already restart all services but it doesn't work.)

2. already try to change user preference, tab security, check script (allow database write and execute statement)

i've seen this thread :

Allow EXECUTE statement in QlikView 12

https://community.qlik.com/thread/211162

Any Solution ?

Thanks.

22 Replies
yurigodoz
Contributor II
Contributor II

After searching across a community and finding no solution, decide to "tweak" the server.

I found a "Settings.ini" file in the path C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch.

Yes, in the folder of the user running the service.

In my case solved the problem.

benjaminway
Contributor II
Contributor II

If you have a multi-node environment you only need to do this on the Publisher servers with QDS and only QDS needs to be restarted.  Verified on both 11.20 and 12.10.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This works for me as well. Updating the Settings.ini in the roaming profile works perfectly when added under windows path C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch

gballester
Creator
Creator

Excelent!!! Work for me!!!

warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III

At us this adjustment sometimes becomes = 0, it is necessary to put everything manually again.

Urgently! Again a terrible bug! EXECUTE Command Failed

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This works for me well. Tks so much!

warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III

Was there anyone other than me who met the situation when this setting itself becomes = 0 about once a month after the update to SR2-3?

lennyvz1
Partner - Contributor III

It looks like changing the settings.ini file is the proper solution to this issue, but I have a client experiencing the same issue as warfollowmy_verysoonwhere that setting reverts back to 0 at seemingly random times.

Has anyone seen an actual fix for the setting randomly resetting itself?

pgrenier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Thanks for this solution, it corrected the problem for us as well (QV 12.0.20400.0 SR5)

lennyvz1

It's a bug QV-12269

No real word on when the fix for it will be released.